Breaking News
More () »

Port Arthur Police release suspect in early Sunday morning homicide pending investigation

The female suspect, who remained at the scene, was cooperative with the investigation.

PORT ARTHUR, Texas — Port Arthur Police released a female suspect in an early Sunday morning homicide of a Port Arthur man pending investigation. 

Port Arthur Police responded to call in reference to shooting at the 100 block of 6th Street a little before 3:30 a.m., Sunday.

Upon arrival officers found Normand Keenan Jalah dead from a single gunshot wound. The suspect, identified as Port Arthur native Sherrell Keys, was still at the scene and was cooperative with the investigation, according to a Port Arthur Police Department release.

Keys was transported to a police station, where she gave a statement and was later released pending further investigation after speaking to detectives.

This is a developing story. We will update with more if and when we receive more confirmed information.

GET NEWS & WEATHER ALERTS | Download the 12News App to your mobile device 

CRIME STOPPERS | Submit a tip @ 833Tips.com

CRIME STOPPERS APP | Download the P3 Tips App

If you have information about a crime you could earn a cash reward of up to $1000 by providing an ANONYMOUS tip to Crime Stoppers of Southeast Texas.

Call 833-TIPS (8477) or download the P3Tips App on your mobile device to submit your tip anonymously.

Send us a news tip | Download our app | 12News “In the Know” Newsletter

Also on 12NewsNow.com…

From a Port Arthur Police Department news release: 

On 09/26/2021 at approximately 0323hrs, officers with the Port Arthur Police Department responded to the100 6th Street in reference to a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located a male black victim deceased from a single gun shot wound. The victim was identified as Normand Keenan Jalah of Port Arthur. The suspect, also of Port Arthur, was identified as Sherrell Keys. Keys remained on scene and was cooperative with the investigation. She was taken to the police station where she gave a statement. After speaking with Detectives, Keys was released pending further investigation. 

This incident is currently under investigation by the Criminal Investigations Division with the Port Arthur Police Department.