BEAUMONT, Texas — Parents looking for summer activities for kids from 5 through 14-years-old can expose their kids to the arts in downtown Beaumont.
The Art Museum of Southeast Texas will be offering it's summer "Artventures Camp" in June and July according to a news release from the downtown museum.
MORE | Artventures camp @ AMSET
The weekday classes will from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum at 500 Main Street in downtown Beaumont the release said.
The "Artventure campers" are divided into three age groups and will be working with local artists and art professionals using a variety of mediums.
- "Young ArtVenturers" ages 5 - 7
- clay, paint and mixed media through simplified projects
- art-related story times and outdoor activities.
- "ArtVenturers" ages 8 - 11
- Several courses to choose from including melt-able media, clay, mixed media, and sculpture.
- "Teen ArtVenturers" ages 12 - 14
- Campers will investigate America’s exceptional modern art movements in order to gain the inspiration needed to create their own unique works of art.
Camp fees are $75 for AMSET members and $135 for non-members for the first child in a class according to the release.
Each additional child is $75 and each additional class is $70 the release said.
Scholarships are available and the non-member fee includes a one-year family membership to the museum.
Enroll by May 31, 2019 to avoid late registration fees.
For more information contact Curator of Education, Christle Feagin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (409) 832-3432.