BEAUMONT, Texas — An 83-year-old man was electrocuted at a Beaumont senior living community on Sunday.
Buckner Calder Woods resident LeRay Joseph Lafleur, 83, originally of Vidor, died after coming in contact with a downed powerline shortly after 8:30 a.m., officials told 12News.
Calder Woods is located at 7080 Calder Avenue. The facility offers everything from independent living, to assisted living and memory care, according to its website.
Beaumont Police are investigating the incident and do not believe there is a "criminal element to it." They called Sundays incident a, "tragic accident."
Justice of the Peace Benjamin Collins ordered an autopsy. Officials are warning area community members to stay away from downed powerlines.
“The entire Calder Woods community is saddened by the loss of one of our cherished residents," a Buckner Calder Wood representative said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family members and our entire community. We will have counselors available on site from noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday of this coming week for any residents, family members, or associates.”
(Editor's note: 12News was previously told the victim was 88 years old, but that has since been corrected.)
This is a developing story. We will update with more if and when we receive more confirmed information.
GET NEWS & WEATHER ALERTS | Download the 12News App to your mobile device
Also on 12NewsNow.com…