BEAUMONT, Texas — With COVID-19 spreading at alarming rates across Texas, more testing options are available.
Some testing centers have seen long lines, with many waiting hours for tests to be administered. Officials continue to stress the importance of widespread testing in order to better gauge community spread.
The following is a list of testing locations in and around Beaumont.
- Wednesday & Thursday, Sept. 16-17: Free walk-up testing in Port Arthur from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (or until supplies are exhausted) at the Bob Bowers Civic Center. Bring an I.D. No pre-registration is required.
- Friday, Sept. 18, Jasper County Annex Building, 271 East Lamar | 8-4
- Saturday, Sept. 19: 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. | Cathedral of Faith Baptist Church; 3755 Fannett Road in Beaumont. Community giveaway and COVID-19 testing.
Beaumont & Southeast Texas
Upcoming Testing Locations
(When new testing locations are announced, they will be listed here.)
Other Testing Facilities:
- MedExpress at 3565 College Street, Beaumont
- AFC Urgent Care at 3195 Dowlen, Beaumont
- TAN Healthcare at 1495 N. 7th Street, Beaumont
- Legacy Healthcare at 450 N. 11th Street and 3455 Stagg (pediatric), Beaumont
- Beaumont Emergency Care at 4004 College Street, Beaumont
- Exceptional Emergency Care at 4755 Eastex Frwy, Beaumont
- Exceptional Emergency Care at 3330 Hwy 365, Port Arthur
- Exceptional Emergency Care at 1321 N. 16th St, Orange
- CVS Pharrnacy at 2950 Dowlen Road and 6850 Eastex Frwy, Beaumont, must pre-register online.
- Christus Promptu Care at 4046 Dowlen Road, Beaumont
- People's Urgent Care at 3255 N. Major Drive, Beaumont
National Guard Mobile Testing Team:
Testing below is being conducted by the National Guard Mobile Testing Team (MTT) the month of July. Testing will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until they complete the number of tests the lab can support that day. No registration required. If you have any questions about your MTT COVID-19 test, please call the registration call center: (512) 883-2400.
For more information on free COVID-19 testing, call 409-240-1494.
CVS has opened COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Texas.
Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment.
The CVS testing sites in Southeast Texas:
- 2950 North Dowlen Rd, Beaumont
- 6850 Eastex Fwy, Beaumont
- 2712 Hwy 365, Nederland
You'll find the complete list of CVS testing sites in Texas here.
Walgreens is offering drive-thru testing at select locations in Texas. Testing is free if you meet criteria established by the CDC.
Pharmacists oversee patients' self-administered COVID-19 test.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing
Many physicians in Beaumont and across Southeast Texas are now offering COVID-19 testing in their office. Contact your primary care physician for more information.
Exceptional Emergency Centers: No appointment needed to get tested
Beaumont Emergency Center: Only for "emergency exposure or patients with symptoms"