BEAUMONT, Texas — Record-low temperatures and potentially freezing rain and snow Sunday night into Monday prompted several businesses in Southeast Texas to announce closures.
This is a list of the closures we know about right now, including hospitals, businesses and government offices county-by-county.
We will update this list as we receive CONFIRMED closure information from credible sources.
Hospitals and Clinics:
- Nutrition and Services for Seniors will remain closed Monday, Feb. 15, Tuesday, Feb. 16 and Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System will continue to postpone elective surgeries and procedures Monday, Feb. 22. The exception will be several urgent cases at CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial. The full surgery schedule is expected to resume on Tuesday. If there are any changes to the restoration of elective surgeries, CHRISTUS staff will issue an update.
CHRISTUS initially announced cancellations at its clinics and hospitals starting Monday, Feb. 15. Regular visiting hours at the hospitals are also suspended. Emergency rooms at both hospitals will remain open as usual.
Residents should not delay if they are experiencing emergency medical symptoms, CHRISTUS Health spokesperson Nikela Pradier said in a news release.
- All CHRISTUS clinics in Southeast Texas will also be closed Thursday, Feb. 18. The clinics first closed Monday, Feb. 15.
- The Beaumont Bone and Joint Institute will be closed Monday, Feb. 15.
- Legacy Community Health Clinics will remain closed Thursday, Feb. 18, due to the arctic freeze affecting the Houston and Beaumont clinics. All Telehealth appointments will continue as connectivity allows. All in-person appointments will be rescheduled.
- Market Basket stores in Southeast Texas are planning to be open with modified hours from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 15. These hours could change depending on the severity of weather conditions.
"Your safety and the safety of our associates comes first," spokesperson Chrissie Roberts-McDaniel said. "Stay warm, neighbors!"
- Orange County Offices will continue to be closed Thursday, Feb. 18, but Child Protective Service Zoom hearings will still take place as schedule with County Court at Law Judge Mandy White Rogers. The offices have been closed since Monday, Feb. 15 for President’s Day and severe winter weather. Residents are asked to pay attention to weather conditions that may change quickly and prepare for possible road and bridge closures. For current road conditions, visit DriveTexas.org.
- Waste Management will resume trash and garbage collections for Calcasieu and Cameron Parishes on Wednesday, Feb 17. Wednesday collections will be for Wednesday routes, Thursday collections for Thursday routes and Friday collections for Friday routes. Monday and Tuesday routes will be recovered the following Monday and Tuesday. Waste Management will pick up all extra trash and garbage at that time.
- The Cameron Parish Police Jury Office will be closed to the public through Wednesday, Feb. 17. Staff will continue to handle parish business and be available by phone and email.