ORANGE COUNTY, Texas — Some residents of Southeast Texas have access to sand bags as communities prepare for potentially heavy rainfall.
- Pinehurst citizens can get sandbags from the Operations and Maintenance building at the end of Lexington Drive. The station will be open to those with proof of residency. Folks can visit the station between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 11. You must bring your own shovel. The station will remain open each day until supplies are exhausted or inclement weather deems it unsafe.
- Evadale residents have access to sand, bags and shovels are available in front of the county barn on FM 1004. Community members can fill as many as they need at any time.
- Orange County residents can visit several locations to fill bags with sand. You will need to bring your own shovel.
- Precinct 1 Maintenance barn located on North Hwy 87 at North Teal
- 11897 State Hwy 62 in Mauriceville directly across from Market Basket on Hwy 62
- Precinct 3 County Maintenance barn located on 2502 West Roundbunch Road
- Precinct 4 County Maintenance barn located on 375 Claiborne Street
Citizens are also encouraged to register for the Southeast Texas Alerting Network.