BEAUMONT, Texas — Beaumont Indpendent School Distrcit announced late Friday afternoon that it's students at its last two unopened campuses would be returning to school in two weeks.
The Beaumont United High School and Fehl Price Elementary campuses will reopen on Monday, October 14, 2019 according to the district.
While one of the district's transportation buildings was damaged bus transportation will not be affected.
Several school districts will also be reopening in the coming days. We've got a list below.
Rain fell from 10 to 30 inches in some areas, making several roads impassable.
While the rain mostly moved out of the area late Thursday, the damage had been done.
Many schools closed on Friday. Check this story throughout the weekend as schools and districts announce their plans for next week.
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP TO STAY UPDATED: How to customize the stories and alerts you get from 12News
Refresh this page for the latest closures and alerts.
School delays & closures:
- Beaumont ISD: "Beaumont ISD continues to assess the condition of all campuses. We expect classes at most schools to resume normal hours on Thursday, September 26, with the exception of Beaumont United High School and Fehl-Price Classical Academy. Repair and restoration at Beaumont United and Fehl-Price is ongoing and the District will release additional information regarding the start of classes at a later date. BISD is working diligently to ensure all students are back in classrooms as soon as possible. All employees will return on Wednesday, September 25, with an optional workday on Tuesday. Staff may wear jeans on the optional day."
- Vidor ISD: All Vidor ISD schools will be closed this week. Vidor ISD staff will return to work on Monday, September 30. Students will return at their regular time on Tuesday, October 1.
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD: "After evaluating both Mauriceville Elementary and Middle, it was determined that we start school again on Thursday, September 26, if at all possible. If arrangements cannot be made for Thursday, an alternate date will be given parents no later than Tuesday, September 24. Staff who are able, will report to work on Tuesday, September 24."
- Harding-Jefferson ISD: Campuses reopen Thursday, September 26. All staff members can report on Wednesday. No middle school athletics this week, high school athletics are in the process of being rescheduled.
These school districts are closed through Friday, September 27
- Hamshire-Fannett ISD
These school districts are closed Monday
- Burkeville ISD -Staff only Monday
- Hardin Jefferson ISD - Resumes Thursday, September 26
- Hull-Daisetta- Bonfire Canceled Monday
- West Orange Cove CISD- Resumes Tuesday
- East Chambers ISD -- Schools will resume Tuesday
- Msgr. Kelly Catholic High (could open Wednesday)
These school districts resume Monday
Diocese of Beaumont (St. Anthony Cathedral, Basilica & St. Anne in Beaumont, St. Mary School in Orange, St. Catherine of Siene in Port Arthur)
Port Neches Groves