NEW ORLEANS — A state of emergency has been declared for St. John the Baptist Parish ahead of Tropical Storm Barry's expected landfall this weekend.
Parish officials are making final preparations before Barry brings heavy rains and flooding into the area.
- Parish President Robottom signed an Emergency Declaration, which allows parish officials to take precautionary measures
Parish officials are making sand available to residents. They must provide their own shovel and be prepared to fill their own bags.
- Intersection of Bamboo Road and Indigo Pkwy (near Lake Pontchartrain Elementary)
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy)
- Ezekiel Jackson Park in Garyville
- West Bank Complex
- Wallace, Edgard & Pleasure Bend Fire Stations
Get parish updates:
- Parish Emergency Alerts, visit sjbparish.com and click "Stay Connected"
- Website - www.sjbparish.com
- St. John the Baptist Parish Facebook page
- Government Access Channel (15/99.)
- WWL Channel 870 AM