The Las Vegas-based company has invested $75 million to establish the new base in Austin, hiring pilots, flight attendants, maintenance technicians and ground support staff to support the operation.
“Austin is the perfect location for an Allegiant base – a premier destination for vacationers and a growing community of local residents looking for value and convenience as they travel,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant’s senior vice president of revenue and planning. “We’re thrilled to start base operations in a big way – with nine new nonstop routes for locals and visitors to enjoy. And you can be assured that’s just the beginning of what we envision for Allegiant’s future in Austin.”
Here are the nine new nonstop flights, via Allegiant Airlines:
- Amarillo, Texas, via Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport (AMA) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Louisville, Kentucky, via Louisville International Airport (SDF) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Orange County, California, via John Wayne Airport (SNA) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Punta Gorda, Florida, via Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Provo, Utah, via Provo Airport (PVU) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota, via Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma, via Tulsa International Airport (TUL) – beginning Nov. 18, 2021.
- Palm Beach, Florida, via Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) – beginning Nov. 19, 2021.
- Springfield, Missouri, via Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) – beginning Nov. 19, 2021.
The airline originally announced seven nonstop flights in June, but added two more (Palm Beach and Punta Gorda) since then.
“We are thrilled to welcome Allegiant to their new home here at AUS,” said Mookie Patel, AUS chief business and finance officer. “Allegiant’s investment in Austin means new, affordable destinations for our passengers to enjoy and more economic opportunities for our community members.”
Flight days, times and fares can be found at allegiantair.com.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: