SUPERIOR, Colo. — Fires burning Thursday afternoon prompted immediate evacuations in and around Boulder County. Some evacuations have been lifted, while others remain in place.
Louisville residents should continue to wait for more guidance from emergency crews. Evacuation orders also remain in effect for most of Superior, but part of town has reopened.
The area covered by the evacuation order is colored in red in the map below. The area north of Louisville, in yellow, is under a pre-evacuation order.
> Current map of evacuated areas and areas with evacuation warnings.
People forced to leave their homes are welcome to gather at local evacuation centers.
These are the locations currently open to evacuees:
- Adults who have COVID: Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Boulder at 3485 Stanford Ct. (The Boulder Office of Emergency Management is working to establish a place for families who have COVID.)
- YMCA of Northern Colorado at 2800 Dagny Way in Lafayette.
- Rocky Mountain Christian Church at 9447 Niwot Rd. in Longmont.
- Longmont Senior Center at 910 Longs Peak Ave., in Longmont.
- The Boulder County fairgrounds was serving as a large animal shelter but became full; the Jefferson County fairgrounds can take large animals; you can also call Jefferson County Animal Control for assistance.
- Riverdale Animal Shelter is assisting families with displaced pets and large animals due to fire evacuations in the region. For questions or more information, call 303-288-1535 or visit riverdaleanimalshelter.org.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Latest from 9NEWS