BEAUMONT, Texas — Southeast Texans will celebrate Veterans Day across the area on Monday, Nov. 11. Here are a few of the events you can attend, as well as
- The American Legion Lloyd Grubbs Auxiliary Unit 49 will hold a flag ceremony on Veterans Day (Nov. 11 at 5 p.m.) Event to be held at 108 Green Avenue in Orange at the American Legion Post 49. The public is invited. The event is set to include a tribute to POW-MIA's and veterans
- The Vietnam Veterans of America SETX Chapter #292 will have its annual Veterans Day Service on Monday at 11 a.m. It will be held in downtown Beaumont at the Fire Museum and Memorial Park. The guest speaker is W. L. Pate, Retired Lt. Colonel US Army and City of Beaumont At Large Council Member with music provided by Christopher Bates, Constable Jefferson County Pct. 2. Honor Guard will be provided by the Beaumont Fire Department. All are welcome to attend and stay for the reception to follow.
- Nederland will host a Veterans Day Celebration at 3 p.m. Monday at Nederland Veterans Park on 12th Street next to Nederland City Hall.
- Deweyville ISD will celebrate Veterans Day with a program at 12:30 p.m. on Monday. It will be held in the high school competition gym, and is open to the community and veterans.
- Hardin-Jefferson ISD is inviting veterans in the community and all who are currently serving to its celebration on Monday at 9:15 a.m. at the high school.
- St. Mary's Catholic School in Orange is hosting its Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. Monday for veterans and families. It will be inside the gym at 2600 Bob Hall Road.
- West Hardin CCISD is holding its annual Veterans Day celebration on Nov. 11 in the high school gym. The school asks if you know a veteran you would like to have honored at the ceremony, please email their name and branch served, address, and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is offering past and present armed forces members a free small boneless wings and fries. (Must show proof of service. Dine in only. One offer per person) Find your location.
- Chili's: Free meal from the special menu.
- Chipotle is offering a buy one get one free deal for entrees. The free entree must be of equal or lesser value as the one you're purchasing, and you'll need to show photo ID proof of military service. Search for your location.
- Dunkin' Donuts is offering a free donut to any veteran that comes by on Nov. 11. "In addition to a free donut of their choice, the first 50 veterans and active military at participating Dunkin’ restaurants on Nov. 11 will also receive a thank you card written by members of the community from A Million Thanks" according to its website. Search for a store in your location.
- Neches Brewing Co. will offer 'discounts for all veterans, all day.' It's located at 1108 Port Neches Ave in Port Neches next to the Chamber of Commerce. Veterans can take advantage of the offer between noon and 10 p.m.
- Twin Peaks Restaurants to offer free entree items from a 'special Veterans Day Menu' on Nov. 11 for veterans and active military service members between 11 a.m. and midnight. Locations in Beaumont and Houston will give one of four free items, including cheeseburgers, chicken tenders and the Carolina pulled pork sandwich, all served with fries, or a wedge salad (Valid for dine-in only)
Also on 12NewsNow.com: