HARDIN COUNTY — Hardin County is holding a Hurricane Harvey outreach event next week to help those affected continue to register for assistance.
The registration help will be at the Pinewood Fire Station from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, Hardin County Disaster Recovery Director Michelle Brewer said in a news release. The fire station is located at 333 Commercial Drive in Sour Lake.
Hardin County Strong sponsored the event, Brewer said. The Endeavors Case Management team, Red Cross Case Management team and The State of Texas General Land Office (GLO) Homeowner Assistance Program registrars will be there to help register or answers questions for Harvey survivors.
Brewer said those seeking assistance should bring these documents:
- State ID or drivers' license
- Social Security card
- Income information for all household members 18 years of age or older
- Homeownership documents
- Proof of residency (voter registration, utility bill, 2017 tax homestead exemption or related documents)
- FEMA award / denial letter
- Insurance award / denial information
- Photos from before and after Harvey
- Property tax statement showing taxes are current or on payment plan
- Proof of child support payments
Anyone with questions can also call Hardin County Strong for more information at (409) 209-5400. The Homeowner Assistance Program hotline through the State of Texas GLO is 1 (844) 893-8937.