INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana Department of Natural Resources investigators are looking for Hoosiers who may have fallen victim to a campsite scam.
Officers believe scammers are using social media to advertise campsite rentals that are not actually paid for or available.
Investigators said the scams date back to July 2021 and happened at Trine State Recreation Area, Spring Mill State Park, Morgan-Monroe State Forest, Greene Sullivan State Forest and McCormick’s Creek State Park.
If you believe you were scammed, you can call the Conservation Central Dispatch Center at 812-837-9536.
What other people are reading:
- New year, new laws: Here are 3 new Indiana laws taking effect in 2022
- Indiana hospitals filled with COVID-19 patients, many of whom are unvaccinated
- Health experts hopeful after approval of at-home COVID pills for high-risk patients
- COVID-19 rapid tests in short supply
- Avoid those massive New Year's Eve parties, says MCPHD
- Indiana grandmother says 15-minute appointment saved her life
- CDC recommends shorter COVID isolation for asymptomatic patients
- Fauci: Vaccine mandate for US air travel 'should be considered'