BEAUMONT, Texas — The Diocese of Beaumont has added the names of two more priests to a list of former clergy who had been “credibly accused” of sexually abusing a minor at some point in the last 52 years.
Earlier this year, Bishop Curtis Guillory, S.V.D. shared the names of 13 members of the clergy against whom credible allegations had been made.
The Diocese added the names of Rocco Perone, who died in 1992, and Raymond Woodka, who died in 2002.
Bishop Guillory apologized to all the victims and their families again and asked for the Southeast Texas Catholics to join him in praying for the continued purification of the Church and all who have been wounded by the actions of her clergy.
The other thirteen clergy names are...
- Ronald Bollich - Ordained May 31, 1964
- Deceased August 7,1996
- Suspended from ministry May 1994
- John Byrne, SSJ (Josephite) (Ordination date unknown)
- Deceased August 18, 2014
- Removed horn ministry approx. 1981
- Dale Calhoun (Ordained May 1, 1968)
- Moved to Diocese of Yakima Nov.1976
- Public priestly ministry revoked by Bishop of the Diocese of Yakima approx. 1986; no faculties no clerical garb
- Henry Drouilhet (Ordained March 24, 1928)
- Deceased August 16, 1988
- James Engle (Ordained May 25, 1963)
- Deceased May 16, 1999
- Albert Geoffroy (Ordained May 28, 1965)
- Deceased July 6, 2010
- Earl Mudd (Ordained May 28, 1960)
- Deceased January 1, 2019
- Faculties revoked November 1996; no public priestly ministry; no clerical garb
- Frank Paduch (Ordained July 29, 1989)
- Faculties revoked October 2001; no priestly ministry; no clerical garb; Granted dispensation from the clerical state by the Pope January 2005
- August Pucar (Ordained May 25, 1963)
- Deceased January 17, 2012
- Faculties revoked June 2006; no public priestly ministry; no clerical garb;
- As directed by the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in August 2007, must lead a life of prayer & penance.
- Jude Sivcoski (Ordained April 19, 1975)
- Arrested December 1978; Pleaded no contest; deferred judgment - 10 yrs. probation.
- Canonical Penal Trial in Diocese of Beaumont 1987-1989 with final judgment for dismissal; priest filed appeals all the way to the Roman Rota;
- Dismissed from the clerical state by the Pope September 1996
- Roger Thibodeaux (Ordained May 19, 1979)
- Resigned from priestly ministry April 1, 2002; faculties revoked; no clerical garb
- Joseph Tully (Diocese of Rockford, IL) (Ordained April 11, 1925)
- Deceased December 18, 1982
- Herman Vincent (Ordained October 15, 1933)
- Deceased April 21, 1985