HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — Eighteen people are recovering after a carbon monoxide leak at an apartment complex in northwest Harris County that left two people in critical condition. 

Sixteen people, including seven children, were taken to the hospital, according to Cy Creek EMS.

One person had to be taken to the hospital by Life Flight after firefighters said they found dangerously high levels. 

This happened at the Raveneaux Apartments in the 14500 block of Cutten Road.

Residents say someone left their car running in a closed garage which caused the leak. 

We have a crew headed at the scene gathering more details. 

Check back for updates.

ALSO POPULAR ON KHOU.COM