BEAUMONT - New National Hurricane Center Forecast track takes Harvey towards Rockport and a landfall Early Saturday Morning as a Major Hurricane. The track then stalls the storm and weakens is to the east of San Antonio over the weekend. Monday, the track takes the storm back out into the gulf and runs it along the Upper-Texas Coast.
Harvey is moving Northwest at 7 mph with winds of 130 mph.
At 10 pm, the storm is 30 miles East-Northeast of Corpus Christi.
MORE | Track the storms with 12News
The storm looks to hug the Upper Texas Coast and could be a hurricane Tuesday. Tropical storm force winds are possible for the Triangle. Hurricane force wind gusts are possible along the coast.
Power outages are possible across SE Texas.
Storm surge expected along Hwy 87 which will probably be closed. Salt water intrusion is possible along Hwy 73 around Taylor Landing/LaBelle and Hillebrandt Bayou and Bridge City.
Because of the slow moving nature of the storm Harvey will drop heavy flooding rains over SE Texas
Starting Friday night through Wednesday, 10-15 inches of rain could fall in Southeast Texas with some areas getting over 20 inches.
If you live in a flood prone areas start taking precautions now as you will most likely see some flooding this weekend into next week.
Because of building seas and increasing Southeasterly winds, bayous and rivers will not be able to efficiently drain into the gulf. Consequently, rainfall will back up in those water ways and promote flooding.
The following alerts have been issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Texas coast:
- A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for Port Mansfield to High Island, Texas
- A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for south of Port Mansfield Texas to the Mouth of the Rio Grande and North of San Luis Pass to High Island Texas
- A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Port Mansfield to Matagorda Texas
- A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for North of Matagorda to High Island Texas and south of Port Mansfield Texas to the Mouth of the Rio Grande
- A Hurricane Watch is in effect for south of Port Mansfield Texas to the Mouth of the Rio Grande
- A Tropical Storm Watch is effect for south of the Mouth of the Rio Grande to Boca de Catan Mexico
- A Tornado Watch is in effect from just Northeast of Corpus Christi, Texas to Vermillion Parish, Louisiana until 2 AM Saturday morning.
- A Flash Flood Watch is effect from North of Brownsville to Orange/Jefferson/South Newton County until 7 PM Tuesday evening.
Stay with 12News while Harvey moves through Texas and we will keep you informed.
© 2017 KBMT-TV