BEAUMONT, Tx -- Water service was restored to some Beaumont customers Friday after flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey caused the city to lose both its primary and secondary sources of clean drinking water, the city confirmed.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted guidance for what to do when water is restored, which has been republished below.
WHAT TO DO DURING A BOIL WATER ADVISORY
- If tap water is clear:
- If tap water is cloudy:
- To sanitize containers:
- Boil tap water even if it is filtered. Most kitchen and other household water filters typically do not remove bacteria or viruses.
- Be careful not to swallow any water when bathing or showering.
- Brush teeth with boiled or bottled water. Do not use untreated tap water.
- To wash dishes by hand:
- It is safe to do laundry as usual.
- Pets can get some of the same diseases as people. It is a good idea to give them boiled water that has been cooled.
© 2018 KBMT-TV