Quantcast

Port Neches house fire started by teen who had a candle on a bed - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Port Neches house fire started by teen who had a candle on a bed

Posted:
A Port Neches Fire Department spokesperson said a fire that damaged a residential duplex Friday morning appears to have been started accidentally by a 15-year-old who had a candle on a bed.

Just after 3 a.m. firefighters were called to the duplex located at 1102 Port Neches Avenue. Flames and smoke were coming from windows in the back of the home and from an open front door when firefighters arrived.

Everyone was able to get out safely.

The Groves Fire Department and Nederland Fire-Rescue also responded to help put out the fire.

Damage was contained to the interior of one unit of the building.

The people who lived in both units were displaced.

Firefighters remained on scene until after 6 a.m. to put out hot spots.
  • Submit a news tip

    Do you know of something that would be a good news story?  Enter your email address and select "Submit"  to send it to 12 News HD.  You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.