Beaumont firefighters work north-end fire - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Beaumont firefighters work north-end fire

A Beaumont homeowner said a smoke detector saved his life.

Around 11:30 a.m. Thursday Beaumont firefighters were called to a home located on Falcon Lane.  This is in the city's north end.

The homeowner said he was taking a nap when the smoke detector went off.  He got up to investigate and found smoke coming from the attic.  The man then moved vehicles from his garage and tried to put the fire out by himself before calling the fire department.

Smoke was coming from the roof vents when firefighters arrived.  They quickly put out the flames.

A news release issued by the fire department says the fire appears to have been caused by the central heat and air conditioning unit.

The man suffers from heart problems and was given Oxygen on the scene, but was otherwise not physically harmed by the fire.

The homeowner was the only person at home at the time of the fire.

  • Submit a news tip

    Do you know of something that would be a good news story?  Enter your email address and select "Submit"  to send it to 12 News HD.  You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.