Fire rips through Port Neches home - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Fire rips through Port Neches home

A fire caused heavy damage to a Port Neches home in the 600 block of Neches Oaks, a new subdivision near Port Neches Avenue.

Dispatch received the call just after noon and quickly requested mutual aid from surrounding communities.

Firefighters on the scene told 12News no one was home when the fire started and they were alerted to the fire through a security system.

Firefighters tell us they believe the fire originated in the garage. 

The homeowner, Trent Cobb, believes the source may have been a golf cart that was just rewired for LED lights. He says they usually kept their pets inside, but for some reason, his wife decided to put them out for the day.

Crews from Port Neches, Port Arthur, Nederland and Groves fire departments all responded to the scene.


  • Submit a news tip

    Do you know of something that would be a good news story?  Enter your email address and select "Submit"  to send it to 12 News HD.  You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.