Quantcast

Beaumont house fire - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Homeless person trying to stay warm may have started Beaumont fire

Posted:
BEAUMONT -

A spokesperson for Beaumont Fire Rescue said an overnight fire appears to have been caused by a homeless person who broke in and was trying to keep warm.

Shortly before 1 a.m. Wednesday firefighters were called to a structure fire at 1527 Gladys Avenue.  When they got to the house they found fire on the porch that was beginning to spread to the roof.

The house was vacant and there were no injuries reported.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.