Beaumont Fire Rescue responded to an apartment fire in the 4900 block of Highland Avenue on Beaumont's south end. Dispatch received the call right around 12:40 p.m. Monday.
When firefighters arrived, they found the kitchen of one apartment on fire. The building contained four units and the fire was confined to the kitchen of the one apartment.
A Beaumont Fire Rescue said damage was mostly from smoke and water.
The fire was caused by a pot left on the stove.
The American Red Cross was called to assist any displaced occupants.
One person was treated at the scene with minor injuries.