Two adults and five children safely escaped a mobile home fire in North Beaumont Friday night.
Beaumont Fire Rescue units were called just before 10 p.m. to a mobile home located at 6650 Broadoak Street. When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming through the roof of a double-wide manufactured home.
The family was able to escape without injury before fighters arrived.
The fire caused extensive damage to the roof of the home.
The fire appears to have been caused when the roof caught fire from the heat of the fireplace chimney.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family.