Quantcast

Neighbor alerts South Beaumont family to fire, all escape withou - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Neighbor alerts South Beaumont family to fire, all escape without injury

Posted:
BEAUMONT -

A spokesperson for Beaumont Fire-Rescue said there are no injuries from a fire Monday night in the city's south end.

At 10:22 p.m. firefighters were called to a house at 330 East Threadneedle Street. When they got to the house they found fire coming from the attic.

Three people who live in the home were able to get out before firefighters arrived.

The fire was contained to the attic, but other parts of the house received water damage.

An investigator spoke with the people who live at the house. They said they started smelling smoke several minutes before a neighbor told them their house was on fire.

The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical problem in the attic.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.