Quantcast

Too many space heaters plugged in might have sparked a house fir - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Too many space heaters plugged in might have sparked a house fire

Posted: Updated:
BEAUMONT -

Friday night was busy for Beaumont firefighters with Beaumont Fire Rescue who worked their fourth fire of the evening just before midnight.

Around 11:50 p.m. firefighters were called to home at 4980 Kenneth Avenue.  This is off of Highland Avenue in the south end of Beaumont.

A firefighter told 12News that a man, his wife and their teenaged daughter escaped safely, but the fire left the house in an unlivable condition. 

The American Red Cross offered assistance, but the family is staying with relatives.

Deputy Chief Calvin Carrier said the fire appears to have started near a breaker box in a bedroom and then expanded to the attic.  He also said it could have been sparked by too many space heaters in use at the same time.

Earlier Friday, Beaumont firefighters faced a house fire on Pope Street, and another one on Glynn Lane.  They also battled a large blaze at the vacant Economy Inn on College Street.

  • Submit a news tip

    Do you know of something that would be a good news story?  Enter your email address and select "Submit"  to send it to 12 News HD.  You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212

    * denotes required fields
    We're sorry, but only one entry is allowed per person.
    Thank you for your continued interest.

    Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.