Quantcast

Burn victim air-lifted from Parkdale Mall - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Woman burned in vacuum cleaner accident air lifted from Parkdale Mall

Posted:
BEAUMONT -

A woman was burned so badly by a backpack-style vacuum cleaner Thursday she had to be air-lifted to the hospital.

A dispatcher received the call around 11:30 a.m.

According to Beaumont Fire Rescue Captain Brad Penisson, a 39-year-old contract employee was working for a cleaning company that was doing work for the Macy's store at Parkdale Mall.  The contract employee was burned down her back while using a backpack vacuum cleaner. He said the cord shorted out and caught her clothing on fire.

The woman sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns to her back.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.