Four Hardin County families are on the road to rebuilding after losing everything in a house fire over the weekend.
The fire happened around 1 p.m. Sunday at a home on the 4200 block of Brandie Lane off Highway 327 near Clear Lake.
The homeowner, Angel Winfree, lived in the house with people ranging from children and grandchildren to a close friend and her daughter. All adults and children managed to escape without injury.
Silsbee and Kountze Volunteer Firefighters were able to control the fire in about 15 minutes. But everything in the house was a total loss including Christmas gifts.
"We lost material possessions. Stuff like that can be replaced. I'm happy my kids got out ok. That's the best thing," Winfree said.
Winfree said her sister lives across the street in a house big enough to accommodate all four families for a short time.
The fire departments have not determined a cause for the fire but say it started in an upstairs bedroom.
The American Red Cross is assisting the families.