Quantcast

Water heater suspected as cause of fire that destroyed home - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Water heater suspected as cause of fire that destroyed home

Posted:

A Batson family escaped a weekend fire without injury, but the house is a total loss.

The fire happened around 1:15 p.m. Saturday at a house located at 12914 Bell Rd. The Saratoga fire department requested mutual aid from the Hull Daisetta Volunteer Fire Department and the Hardin Volunteer Fire Department.

The fire was tapped out by 3:50 p.m., but by then the house was a total loss and the family had lost everything inside the home.

The American Red Cross was called to assist.

12News has been told that the fire appears to have started in or around a water heater.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.