A family in Cheek was able to escape a burning house the morning of October 10, but the home was left in ashes.
The fire was reported around 2:30 a.m. at a house located on Nobles-Geher Road off of Brooks Road. The mother of the family said she smelled smoke and woke everyone up.
There were smoke detectors in the house, but they were not working.
Russell Nobles, his wife Angie, their four kids and a family friend were sound asleep when the house caught on fire.
The three boys, ages 9, 10, 15, a girl, 17, and three adults all made it out of the house without being physically harmed.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
If you would like to donate clothes to the Nobles family you can do so at Dishman Elementary.
Male shirt sizes 8-10, Large and 3XL
Male pants sizes 10, 8, 36-31 and 48-32
Male shoes sizes 3, 9 and 12 wide
Female shirt sizes large and XL
Female pants sizes 10 and 12 long
Female shoe sizes 8.5 and 9.5
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212