Quantcast

Lightning starts fire at a Beaumont house - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Lightning starts fire at a Beaumont house

Posted:

A lightning strike in Wednesday night's storms has been determined to be the cause of a house fire in the 7100 block of Palmetto Drive.

A firefighter with Beaumont Fire Rescue said it is believed that lightning struck the chimney.

Only the family dog was at the home at the time of the fire. The dog escaped safely, and the home was not severely damaged.

Our 12News photojournalist at the scene saw one firefighter being taken away in an ambulance for what appeared to be smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.