A lightning strike in Wednesday night's storms has been determined to be the cause of a house fire in the 7100 block of Palmetto Drive.
A firefighter with Beaumont Fire Rescue said it is believed that lightning struck the chimney.
Only the family dog was at the home at the time of the fire. The dog escaped safely, and the home was not severely damaged.
Our 12News photojournalist at the scene saw one firefighter being taken away in an ambulance for what appeared to be smoke inhalation.
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212