Quantcast

Firefighters and homeowner injured in blaze that killed family p - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Beaumont firefighters and homeowner injured in blaze that killed family pets

Posted:

Two Beaumont firefighters were injured Thursday morning fighting a blaze on Beaumont's west end.  A homeowner was also burned trying to put out flames before firefighters arrived.

Dispatchers received a call just before 4 a.m. reporting a house fire near the corner of West Lucas Drive and Delaware Street.

When firefighters arrived, flames were concentrated in a front bedroom of the house located at 2790 West Lucas. Flames spread to the attic and began coming out of the roof.

A man and wife were home at the time of the fire. Both were able to get out of the house. The husband received burns as he attempted to put out the fire before firefighters arrived.

Investigators believe the fire started with an electrical short in the front bedroom.

The family owned three dogs and one cat. Only one of the dogs made it out of the house.  The other pets died in the fire.

Beaumont firefighters remained on the scene for hours putting out hot spots.

The home was heavily damaged by smoke, fire and water.

A fireman on the scene said all injuries sustained by the firefighters and the homeowner were non life-threatening.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.