Two Beaumont firefighters were injured Thursday morning fighting a blaze on Beaumont's west end. A homeowner was also burned trying to put out flames before firefighters arrived.
Dispatchers received a call just before 4 a.m. reporting a house fire near the corner of West Lucas Drive and Delaware Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were concentrated in a front bedroom of the house located at 2790 West Lucas. Flames spread to the attic and began coming out of the roof.
A man and wife were home at the time of the fire. Both were able to get out of the house. The husband received burns as he attempted to put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
Investigators believe the fire started with an electrical short in the front bedroom.
The family owned three dogs and one cat. Only one of the dogs made it out of the house. The other pets died in the fire.
Beaumont firefighters remained on the scene for hours putting out hot spots.
The home was heavily damaged by smoke, fire and water.
A fireman on the scene said all injuries sustained by the firefighters and the homeowner were non life-threatening.
The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212
Thank you for submitting your news idea to 12News HD!
Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com