Two LU students pass out, no fumes found - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Two LU students pass out, no fumes found


The Cherry Engineering building at Lamar University was evacuated Thursday morning as a precaution after two students passed out.

Lamar University Spokesperson Brian Sattler said around 10:30 a.m. a student fell and hit his or her head, passing out.  A few minutes later, a second student passed out.  The university has not  released the name or gender of the students. 

As a precaution, a faculty member pulled the alarm and had the building evacuated.

An Emergency Medical Services team from Beaumont Fire-Rescue came in and monitored for fumes, but found none.  All clear was given about a half hour later.

Sattler surmised that the second student saw blood and passed out.

The first student was taken to hospital to get checked out.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.