House fire on Van Buren Ave in Beaumont - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Smoking in bed believed cause of Beaumont fire


A Beaumont Fire-Rescue spokesperson told 12News a Wednesday-morning fire is believed to be the result of smoking in bed.

Beaumont firefighters were called to a one story wood-framed house on Van Buren Ave around 7:30 a.m.

Beaumont police blocked traffic around Van Buren Avenue to assist firefighters.

The fire was contained to the bedroom of the house.

No injuries were reported.


Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.