A Beaumont family is determining the damage after a tree fell on its home Friday morning.
Shortly after 7:30 a.m., Beaumont Rire Rescue units responded to a home on North Willowood Lane when a tree fell onto the house and caused a small fire.
The occupant of the home was able to escape without injury.
The tree pulled down the electrical service to the house and caused an electrical short that burned some wiring in the house.
The fire was out when firefighters arrived.
The natural gas line to the house was also damaged causing a gas leak.
Several limbs penetrated the roof of the house as well.
No injuries were reported.
Do you know of something that would be a good news story? Enter your email address and select "Submit" to send it to 12 News HD. You can also call the news tip line at 409-838-1212