Quantcast

Propane tank used for heat starts Beaumont house fire - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Propane tank used for heat starts Beaumont house fire

Posted: Updated:

A neighbor says a man using propane to heat a home had an accident which sparked a house fire Monday morning.

Beaumont firefighters were called to the house in the 1600 block of Avenue I just after 9 a.m.   A man said his neighbor was lighting a propane heater when he lost control of the flames.  The fire quickly spread to another home.

A statement issued by the Beaumont Fire Department says one man received first degree burns to the face while attempting to extinguish the fire.  He was treated on the scene by Beaumont EMS.

Both homes are said to be a total loss.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.