Quantcast

Fatal Beaumont house fire caused by space heater - 12 News KBMT and K-JAC. News, Weather and Sports for SE Texas

Fatal Beaumont house fire caused by space heater

Posted: Updated:

An autopsy has been ordered on the victim of a fatal house fire on Thursday night.

According to a news release, Beaumont Fire Rescue responded to a house fire at 626 Threadneedle in Beaumont.

When crews arrived on scene, they found the home to be heavily involved, and neighbors reporting one person was still in the house.

Firefighters found the victim in one room in the home where the fire originated.

The victim has been identified as Junius Hill, 90.

It took crews 30 minutes to control the fire, and the home was heavily damaged with one section burning completely through the roof.

Officials say the fire originated in a bedroom and appears to have been caused by a space heater.

Powered by WorldNow

Newsroom: (409) 838-1212
Front Desk: (409) 833-7512
News Fax: (409) 981-1564
News Email: 12News@kbmt12.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KBMT. All Rights Reserved.
Users of this site agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights, and Ad Choices.