Two LU students pass out, no fumes found

The Cherry Engineering building at Lamar University was evacuated Thursday morning as a precaution after two students passed out.

Lamar University Spokesperson Brian Sattler said around 10:30 a.m. a student fell and hit his or her head, passing out.  A few minutes later, a second student passed out.  The university has not  released the name or gender of the students. 

As a precaution, a faculty member pulled the alarm and had the building evacuated.

An Emergency Medical Services team from Beaumont Fire-Rescue came in and monitored for fumes, but found none.  All clear was given about a half hour later.

Sattler surmised that the second student saw blood and passed out.

The first student was taken to hospital to get checked out.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment