Two children left home alone managed to safely escape a house fire in Beaumont Friday morning.
It broke out at about 10 Friday morning on the corner of Langham and Neches.
A spokesman with the Beaumont Fire Department tells 12News, the children, 13 years-old and 3-years-old, were left alone when their father earlier left to pick up something to eat.
Both managed to escape but were taken to Baptist hospital by private vehicle to be treated for smoke inhalation. Both are expected to be fine.
Authorities say it appears a space heater left too close to a bed may be the cause of the blaze