Two fires in Beaumont ignite just minutes apart; Two injured, including firefighter

Two overnight fires that ignited just minutes apart kept Beaumont firefighters busy.

The first one at a house at 2080 South Street started shortly after 1:30 Saturday morning, apparently in the attic, as a result of an electrical short.

A man who lives in the home was found unconscious in a front bedroom.  The 55-year-old has been flown to a hospital in Galveston to be treated for respiratory problems.

A firefighter suffered a shoulder injury while fighting the fire.

Witnesses say there was a cat and her four kittens inside.  Firefighters did locate one of the kittens alive.

About 15 minutes later, firefighters responded to the second fire, this one was at 1625 Washington Boulevard.

The small fire started in the bedroom of a rear apartment, apparently caused by a cigarette.

The people inside were able to escape without injury.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment