Tropical Tip 9: Avoid using candles

This one might not be as obvious as our other tips, but candles are dangerous because they can lead to fires if knocked over or left unattended.  They can also lead to serious injury if you use them as a light source while trying to start a propane or kerosene heater.  It is simply best to use flashlights or battery-powered lanterns to light your home during an outage.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment