KBMT is pleased to bring a state-of-the art, personal
storm warning service to the Beaumont-Port Arthur area.
Recent improvements in how the National Weather Service defines warning areas have resulted in significantly higher accuracy and smaller warned areas, compared to the decades-old county-wide warning method.
The WeatherCall™ system continuously monitors the National Weather Service's NOAA weatherwire. Using computerized mapping (GIS) the system compares a subscriber's specific location to the location of the warning area. When a severe weather warning includes your location, you will receive a phone call from Chief Meteorologist, Patrick Vaughn, 24 hours a day. You can also receive the warning by email with a detailed map of the threat or by SMS text messaging.
Jefferson County's 904 sq. miles are under a TORNADO WARNING.
The actual warning area is 136 square miles. Only WeatherCall subscribers INSIDE the red box would receive the warning call.
WeatherCall is a subscription-based service that costs $9.95 dollars per year. When you register, the system attempts to assign a precise latitude and longitude value to your location. If you enter a street address the system recognizes, your service BEGINS IMMEDIATELY. If there is a problem determining your location (for instance, a new housing development), there are easy steps to follow for you to locate yourself in the system.
Important things to know if you choose to subscribe to the service:
- You must provide a PHYSICAL location. PO boxes, Mail Stops, Rural Routes, etc. cannot be located in the system. If you do not know your physical address, you can follow the steps provided and attempt to accurately locate yourself. You can also contact your local US Post Office or county clerk's office, email the WeatherCall Customer Care team for help email@example.com or call 1-800-260-6695 for assistance.
- If your mailing address is different from your physical address, please provide it in the space provided on the registration page.
- For each physical location, you may register up to 3 telephone numbers and 3 email addresses.
- Any of the 3 email addresses may be configured to receive the warning via SMS text. Contact your cell phone carrier for the email address of your cell phone.
- All TORNADO warnings are delivered.
- You may also choose to receive SEVERE THUNDERSTORM warnings and how they are delivered (phone call, SMS text or email).
- FLASH FLOOD warnings can also be delivered via email and SMS text messaging only.
- When you register, send yourself a test call and STORE the incoming number on your phones, naming it WeatherCall so your caller ID will display a storm warning call.
To read and print the
To register, you are acknowledging that you
accept the terms of the Subscriber Agreement.
Already signed up?