Shelter in place lifted after reported ammonia leak in Deer Park

Courtesy KTRK

DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- A shelter-in-place order was issued for a reported ammonia leak in Deer Park this morning and then soon lifted.

The ammonia leak was reported in the 600 block of Georgia at Ming Foods, a food processing company.

Police say they also shut down Highway 225 eastbound at the Beltway 8 feeder and overpass as a result.

HazMat crews responded and authorities said the leak was stopped.

Officials subsequently re-opened the area, saying there is no danger and never was any danger to the public.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment