Second house fire in Vidor

Firefighters in Vidor were called to two house fires within a three hour window Thursday.

Dispatchers received a call just after 5 p.m. about a fire at a home located at 595 Lyndale Street.  The call came in as firefighters were wrapping up their work following a fire at house located at 1035 Calvary St.

Firefighters with Orange County ESD #1 said as they were arriving at the fire on Lyndale Street they could see heavy smoke coming from the home.  They were able to contain the fire to one room.

No one was home at the time of the fire.  It is believed to have been started by a malfunctioning clothes dryer.

No injuries were reported.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment