Port Neches house fire started by teen who had a candle on a bed

A Port Neches Fire Department spokesperson said a fire that damaged a residential duplex Friday morning appears to have been started accidentally by a 15-year-old who had a candle on a bed.

Just after 3 a.m. firefighters were called to the duplex located at 1102 Port Neches Avenue. Flames and smoke were coming from windows in the back of the home and from an open front door when firefighters arrived.

Everyone was able to get out safely.

The Groves Fire Department and Nederland Fire-Rescue also responded to help put out the fire.

Damage was contained to the interior of one unit of the building.

The people who lived in both units were displaced.

Firefighters remained on scene until after 6 a.m. to put out hot spots.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment