Neighbor alerts South Beaumont family to fire, all escape without injury

A spokesperson for Beaumont Fire-Rescue said there are no injuries from a fire Monday night in the city's south end.

At 10:22 p.m. firefighters were called to a house at 330 East Threadneedle Street. When they got to the house they found fire coming from the attic.

Three people who live in the home were able to get out before firefighters arrived.

The fire was contained to the attic, but other parts of the house received water damage.

An investigator spoke with the people who live at the house. They said they started smelling smoke several minutes before a neighbor told them their house was on fire.

The cause of the fire appears to be an electrical problem in the attic.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment