Man dies at hospital following electrical accident that started brush fire

A Hardin County man was pronounced dead at the hospital after he received an electric shock around 4 p.m. Monday.

Hardin County Sheriff Ed Cain told 12News that Vernon McKenzie, 56, received a severe shock while trying to hook utility lights to a trailer located at 8205 Sunflower Dr. This is just outside the Silsbee city limits.

McKenzie was taken by ambulance to Christus Hospital St. Elizabeth where doctors pronounced him deceased.

Sparks from the incident ignited a brush fire. There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire.

 

 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment