BEAUMONT - Beaumont firefighters responded Thursday to a house fire where the only victim was a pet.
Firefighters responded to a fire in a two-story house in the 2900 block of Victoria Street just before noon according to a release from Beaumont Fire/Rescue.
A caller reported that an apartment was on fire and when firefighters arrived they found fire coming from an upstairs window according to the release.
Firefighters contained fire damage to the second floor but the rest of the home sustained smoke and water damage the release said.
All of the residents made it out of the home safely and no one was injured in the fire but a pet dog did die in the fire according to the release.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.
© 2017 KBMT-TV