The victim of an accidental electrocution has been identified.
The Calcasieu Sheriff's Office was dispateched to Elliswood Drive in Sulphur, yesterday morning, in reference to an accidental death.
When deputies arrived they found 47-year-old Edward Diaz, of DeRidder, deceased.
The Entergy contract worker was employed by Southern Electric Company.
Investigators say it appears Diaz was working in a bucket truck when he unintentionally brushed up against an exposed power line, which electrocuted him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Foul play is not suspected.
Entergy released a statement saying, "our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victim of this tragic event. We extend our condolences as well to the entire Southern Electric Corporation family."
© 2017 KBMT-TV